Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pandiraj floats production house by name Pasanga


When you're in a spot of bother and then come out of it, you should never forget those who helped you tide over the crisis. Director Pandiraj, who made the whole entertainment industry sit up and take notice with his debut directorial venture Pasanga in 2009, hasn't forgotten the helping hand of producer Sasikumar, who gave him his first break.

Following on the footsteps of directors Shankar, Lingusamy and Sasikumar, director Pandiraj too has turned producer by floating a production house named Pasanga. Pandiraj made Vamsam last year which starred debutant Arulnidhi and Sunaina in lead roles. He is now ready with his third directorial venture titled Marina.

About the lives of children who sell biscuits, tea and many other eatables in the vast expanse of Chennai's Marina Beach, Marina stars Oviya (of Kalavaani fame) opposite newcomer Sivakarthikeyan, a popular programme host on Vijay TV. Besides directing Marina, Pandiraj has also produced it under the banner of his new production house.

Speaking about his decision to turn producer, Pandiraj says "I toiled hard for a break in the industry before I met Sasikumar. Fortunately for me, he liked my script and decided to turn producer by making Pasanga in my direction. I have turned producer so as to ensure that no other budding director, who is in possession of good scripts, faces the same problems that I encountered. I'd give preference to producing newcomers' films!"

An appreciable thought, surely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts