Sunday, February 12, 2012

‘I feel honoured to share screen space with Rajini sir’

 

The way he juggles his acting career with his political one, multi -tasking seems to be an one of his many talents.

Actor/politician, Sarath Kumar, who returns to Tamil movies after a brief hiatus with superstar Rajinikanth in Kochadaiyaan exclusively speaks to DC.

"The photo shoot experience that was a new format for Kochadaiyaan was a thrilling experience for me! I feel proud to be acting alongside Rajini sir!"

He recalls, "A few years ago, Rajini told me a story and said in his inimitable style, 'It will be great if we work together for this. Suresh Krishna was to direct it. But it didn't materialiSe then."

His daring act of playing a transgender in Kanchana was a superb hit. "More than playing the role of a transgender, what fascinated me was the theme and the larger message for society. So, I gladly agreed!"

Shifting the topic to his daughter, Varalakshmi, who takes to acting with Poda Podi, he says, "Varu is well equipped to be an actress. After completing her MBA when she mentioned she was interested in acting, I was puzzled! But when I saw her intense performance in dance shows like Mama Mia and Cats, I was convinced!" He refused to comment if we would get to see father and daughter together in a film.

After Pazhassi Raja's hit, Sarath has become a busy man in the Malayalam industry. Presently, he is working on, History, a bilingual remake of the Mollywood blockbuster Traffic, and Vidiyal in Tamil. Sources say that he is being approached by GenY directors such as Selvaraghavan and Murugadoss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts