Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Karthika thrilled shooting for Annakodiyum Kodiveeranum

 

Call it an irony. After directing actress Radha as heroine for many of his movies, veteran filmmaker Bharathiraja has now cast Radha's daughter Karthika as heroine for his movie Annakodiyum Kodiveeranum.

Says Karthika, 'my mom often used call Bharathiraja as her mentor. Now I too can proudly say that Bharathiraja is my guru. I admire all his movies and grew up watching them. Now to act in his film is a blessing in disguise for me.'

'Though I played a sophisticated urban girl in Kho opposite Jiiva (her first Tamil venture), doing a rural belle in Annakodiyum Kodiveeranum is a ne experience for me. I just do what Bharathiraja wants me to do onscreen. He knows what to extract from me'.

Karthika says, 'I had several offers coming my way after Kho. But I chose to wait and watch. I was keen to do a different film. At such a juncture came Annakodiyum Kodiveeranum. I had no hesitation in accepting the offer once Bharathiraja called me'.

She says, 'I am getting offers in Bollywood. I am listening to few stories. If I comes across an exciting one, I will lap it up'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts