Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I’m not affected by the entry of newcomers : Shriya Saran

 

Shriya Saran says she is hardly affected by the constant entry of newcomers in the industry. The actress, who has the distinction of pairing up opposite superstar Rajinikanth in his mega-hit Sivaji: The Boss directed by Shankar, somehow was unable to make it to the list of frontline actresses.

Shriya is very pretty, possesses an enviable hourglass figure and is a great dancer. Despite all these, she hasn't been flooded with offers. She starred in films like Enakku 20 Unakku 18 and Mazhai but it was her film opposite Rajini which took her to the pinnacle of her career. After that, she starred in a few films opposite Dhanush, Rajini's son-in-law.

She also paired up opposite Vijay in Azhagiya Tamizhmagan, which bit the dust at the box-office. In between, she also starred in Telugu, Hindi and even in English films. The moment she made the cardinal sin of starring along side comedian Vadivelu for an 'item number' in a failed project, offers started deserting her. Ajith, who had thought of signing her up for one of his films, backtracked and there started Shriya's slide.

Though she doesn't have a single Tamil film on hand, she claims she's busy with her Hindi and English projects. She was a visible face in the recently-concluded CCL cricket tournament. Queried whether she felt bad about her Tamil market, Shriya says "I'm not bothered about the fact that I don't have any Tamil project on hand. With the entry of newcomers, it's quite obvious that offers many not be the same as it was earlier.

"Still, it's a good trend that lot of newcomers is coming up. Even I was a newcomer when I debuted many years back. I welcome all those newcomers like the way I was welcomed; I have starred in many films and have a few projects on hand. I'd remain in the film industry as long as I find the going smooth," concludes Shriya.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts